Monday, April 30, 2012

Customer Service - How NOT to


I would like to share my experience of how not to give customer service.  I will leave the vendors name out of my article but you can probably guess it.  

I have a 7” Galaxy Tab - Tablet Computer.  I have found the device to be very useful.  I decided that I should upgrade to the 10” Motorola Xyboard.  I had a problem.  My contract would not be fulfilled until April 2013.  That meant that I could not break the contract without penalty or get a new Xyboard without paying full retail for the device.  I decided it was worth the price.  I would get the vendor to upgrade my account from 3G to 4G which would have cost me $10 more per month and I would have to pay $700 for the Xyboard.
I went to the storefront and told the sales representative what I wanted to do.  He told me that I could not do what I suggested.  He said the only way he could help me is to add another line to my account or pay the penalty for cancelling the Galaxy.  He said If I cancelled the Galaxy then I should sell it on Ebay to make up for the loss.  I repeated to him that I wanted to give him more money per month to upgrade my contract (not cancel it) and I wanted to pay full retail for the 10” Xyboard.  He told me there was nothing he could do.  I gave him my card and asked him to talk with someone else see if they could come up with a solution and call me.  
I never heard from him.  I purchased a Motorola 10” Xoom on Ebay for $290 and just replaced my Galaxy Tab with it.

I do not know about you but when my clients want to give me more money for more services, I give it to them.  

Adam Bell
Senior Systems / Network Engineer
Sublime Computer Services
We make your technology work

615-942-0850
adam@sublimecomp.com
www.sublimecomp.com


 

No comments: